Friday 21 June 2013

My Kitchen Garden : Ginger flower



My ginger flower has been flowering! It’s almost a year after I plant it. From my reading I know that it took a year or more for ginger flower to blossom. So we never go near the clumps to check whether its flowering or not. Last week I went to the area (where I planted 8 suckers of ginger flower I got from Wak Isa a year ago. You can read My ginger flower), to collect some spinach. Unexpectedly I saw 6 buds of the ginger flower, beautifully shooting from the clumps. 1 of them already brown in color, another 5 buds look beautiful and fresh. I collected them and give it to my maid. That very afternoon she cooked delicious asam pedas fish with Bunga Kantan for us. 












1 comment:

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Seronoknya tengok bunga kantan ni berbunga.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...